Developer and Consultant (Remote) — November 2016-Present
I am current a developer and consultant at Test Double where I integrate with client teams to deliver software and improve the development process.
- I integrated with the Diagnostics team at Nexia to develop new features for their dealer-facing web application.
Developer and Consultant (Remote) — August 2011-Present
Rational is my single-person company through which I typically serve small businesses and startups with web development, consultation, and in-person training.
- I worked with Skillcrush to develop a front-end pattern library for a rewrite of their learning management system and helped prepare their backend infrastructure for a migration from a shared hosting environment to a VPS provider.
- I delivered a series of training courses on Angular.js for Blackbaud
- I provided consultation on Amazon Web Services and SaaS development for Fivable
- I was the lead developer for Bestball, for which I developed a custom PHP MVC framework that is still being used for client projects at Fivable.
- I developed an automated order tracking and fulfillment application in Ruby for Sallie’s Greatest Jams so they could handle the traffic from being on Oprah’s Favorite Things.
- I developed a Ruby API and Ember.js frontend for ProAlert. They were able to receive initial incubation funding using the application I developed.
- I developed a Node.js API and Ember.js frontend for Questalot. They were able to receive initial incubation funding, as well as compete in Wall Street Journal’s Startup of the Year competition using the application I developed.
Instructor (Greenville SC) — July 2014 - April 2016
I taught 12-week courses in front end development, including both technical topics and soft skills. I was also responsible for developing learning objectives and assessment criteria for their online content and doing technical review of other instructors’ material.
B.S. in Computer Science, Franciscan University of Steubenville — May 2009
I focused on practical web development as much as possible, taking courses on Database Design and Processing, Information Warfare, Operations Research, and Web to Database Programming.