I’m a software developer and consultant with experience in web development, distributed systems, and native mobile applications
Developer (Remote) — November 2016 - Present
Responsible for software delivery and consulting, I integrate with client teams and help improve their software delivery process while delivering well-tested software using the principles of Continuous Delivery.
- At GoSpotCheck, I work on adding features to the existing web application as well as developing microservices to support a more sustainable architecture.
- At Nexia Diagnostics, I was responsible for software delivery of a distributed, real-time event processing pipeline and an associated single-page web application and API. I helped lead a re-architecture of their distributed event system so that they could scale to handle 10x their active connections while, at the same time, decreasing their infrastructure costs.
Consulting Software Developer (Remote) — August 2011 - January 2018
Rational was my single-person company through which I typically served small businesses and startups with web development, consultation, and in-person training.
- Lead developer for Bestball, for which I developed a custom PHP MVC framework that is still being used for client projects at Fivable.
- Developed an automated order tracking and fulfillment application in Ruby for Sallie’s Greatest Jams so they could handle the traffic from being on Oprah’s Favorite Things.
- Developed a Ruby API and Ember.js frontend for ProAlert. They were able to receive initial incubation funding using the application I developed.
B.S. in Computer Science, Franciscan University of Steubenville — May 2009
I focused on practical web development as much as possible, taking courses on Database Design and Processing, Information Warfare, Operations Research, and Web to Database Programming.