Much of the work I’ve done is private or under NDA, so most of the code that I could show is from more than 5 years ago and doesn’t show my current skill level. I created a project that is meant to be a code sample for potential employers or clients so they can see how I work and how I solve problems in a web application. You can view a summary, as well as browse the code, on GitHub: compile-demo
Here are some other things I’ve worked on:
- I was responsible for the infrastructure development (nginx and php-fpm on EC2, MySQL on RDS, load balancing, SSL/HTTPS, etc) of cc2w.org, a high-volume Wordpress application, that allowed them to securely handle a publicity bump as well as an attempted security breach.
- I was the lead developer for Bestball, an application written using a custom PHP MVC framework I developed for the app. The framework is still being used for client projects at Fivable.
- I developed a continuous delivery infrastructure in Ruby for Wordpress and PHP applications while working at Fivable that helped them maximize their billable work and eliminate administrative overhead.
- I developed an automated order tracking and fulfillment application in Ruby for Sallie’s Greatest Jams so they could handle the traffic from being on Oprah’s Favorite Things.
- I worked with United Social Sports to develop integration between their many Wordpress sites and a custom Rails application (commi.sh) that allowed them to scale their business without hiring additional staff.
- I developed Backbone + Marionette user interfaces for Pathwright and led development of their hybrid mobile application.
- I developed the backend Ruby API for ProAlert, as well as most of the Ember.js frontend. They were able to receive initial incubation funding using the application I developed.
- I developed the backend Node.js API and Ember.js mobile application for Questalot. They were able to receive initial incubation funding, as well as compete in Wall Street Journal’s Startup of the Year competition using the application I developed.